Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Housewarming, Birthdays, Dinosaurs & Washi

What a busy summer! We had weddings to attend, I had a minor surgery, my youngest son turned 3 and now we're getting ready for our oldest son to start pre-school! I have plans of blogging more regularly, but for now I thought I'd catch up on what's been happening in my world.

Remember that house-warming gift I was working on when I last posted? It has been gifted (to my cousin) and I can finally share pictures! I was really happy with how it all came together, and she loved it too. :)
I made a set of matching potholders, a trivet/hot pad & wash clothes in her favorite colors.
I had a lot of fun working on these and coming up with the perfect color scheme. I'll definitely be making more of these gift sets!


If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen pictures from my son's dinosaur birthday party, but I'll share them here too.
I got lots of ideas from Pinterest, and although his party was just a few days after my surgery, it went over pretty smoothly with lots of help from my wonderful family!
I made this dinosaur banner for the party! My son loved it and it's now up in his bedroom. :)

This past weekend I got the itch to just make something. I didn't have anything in mind when I started, I just knew I needed to satisfy an urge to make, so it had to be something that I could also finish that day. I love crocheting and other big projects, but you don't usually get that feeling of satisfaction until the project is complete and sometimes that could take days or weeks.
So I searched around in my craft supplies and remembered I had bought some blank coin pouches. Since I was still in dino-mode from the birthday party, I made a dinosaur motif, attached it to the blank pouch and then added beads. Simple, quick and satisfying! Not to mention cute, and my oldest son loved it!


While I had been searching thru my craft supplies I also came across my washi tape. I love pretty things and washi tape is definitely one of those pretty things! I have quite a few rolls and decided it's time to do something more with it. So, I grabbed a few cans from the recycling bin and taped them up to make pen holders for my desk at work! Then, since I couldn't just stop there, I also made some washi paperclips for my planner. Another simple, quick and satisfying project!


Do you ever get that undeniable itch to create? What do you make to satisfy the urge? I'd love to hear about your creations in the comment section! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment