Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I've Got a Case of the Blahhhhhs

Have you ever just felt...uninspired?
That's how I've felt lately. Sometimes I get this way when I have too many options; too many directions to choose, so I just don't choose any. Also, the weather here in Iowa the past few weeks has been super gloomy and that definitely doesn't help anything.

I have lots of ideas for patterns, I have some patterns already written up, and I have ideas for new items to sell in my Etsy shop. But I don't know whether to offer the patterns for free, for sale, or submit them to a magazine/yarn company. There are a lot of decisions that need to be made when you're running a small business!

Another part of the uninspired-ness (yup, just made up a word!) is figuring out how best to use my time. With all these ideas, it's hard to pick which to work on. During the week, my only free time to work on business related stuff is after the kids are in bed at night and on my breaks at my day job. With such a short time to work, how do I decide which thing is most important? AND how do I get myself to stop working and get some much needed sleep? Some weeks it's hard!

Most of the time, when I feel uninspired or unmotivated, I just try to make myself forge ahead and keep working because if I don't do something, it just won't get done. Thankfully, the sun is shining now and the weather is warmer. I think a walk to clear my mind is just what I need to feel inspired again!

What do you do to motivate yourself when you're feeling uninspired?

No comments:

Post a Comment